Seniors as you head off to your various career paths and connections, please remember your student loans. They can catch up and bite you if you are not staying on top of them. Here is a great artical to assit you on how to stay on top of your loans!
Germanna Community College
EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR 2013
The application deadline is Friday, June 14, 2013 for Germanna students who wish to receive a scholarship award ffor the fall semester of 2013 and spring semester of 2014. Scholarship awards are made for an entire academic year. No awards are made mid-year or between semesters. Recipients must be full-time or part-time students who make tuition and fee payments directly to the College, and are enrolled in classes at Germanna Community College during the 2013-2014 academic year. Scholarship awards may be made on a “rolling” basis, allowing those who apply early to be given the greatest opportunity to receive a scholarship award.
Instructions: Applicants will be considered automatically for ALL scholarships administered by the Germanna Community College Educational Foundation. Incomplete and partially completed applications will not be considered for a scholarship award. If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation Office at (540) 423-9060 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that the application times out after 20 minutes and any information you entered may be lost.
Don’t Miss Out on an Opportunity to Attend a Community College. Start the Admissions Process Now.
Come to Connections Day. It is easy to get started!
Simply visit the Career Coach during your lunch period at the career table or stop by the Career Center between the hours of 2:30pm till 4:00pm on May 29th..
Bring your questions! Make a connection that lasts a life time.
Freshman and Sophomores
- Start planning now!
- Work hard to get the best grades possible.
- Take classes that match your high school’s List of NCAA Courses. The NCAA Eligibility Center will use only approved core courses to certify your initial eligibility.
- You can access and print your high school’s List of NCAA Courses at www.eligibilitycenter.org. Click the NCAA College- Bound Student-Athlete link to enter and then navigate to the “Resources” tab and select “U.S. Students” where you will find the link for the List of NCAA Courses.
- At the beginning of your sophomore year, complete your online registration at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- If you fall behind, do not take short cuts. Classes you take must be four-year college preparatory and must meet NCAA requirements.
- Register to take the ACT, SAT or both and use the NCAA Eligibility Center code “9999” as a score recipient. Doing this sends your official score directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Continue to take college prepratory courses. Double check to make sure the courses you have taken match your school’s List of NCAA Courses.
- Ask your high school counselor to send an official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center after completing your junior year. If you have attended more than one high school, the NCAA Eligibility Center will need official transcripts from all high schools attended. (The NCAA Eligibility Center does NOT accept faxed or emailed transcripts/test scores.) The NCAA Eligibility Center does accept transcripts electronically through Docufide/Parchment, e-Scrip Safe, ConnectEdu, National Transcript Center and Xap.
- Before registering for classes for your senior year, check with your high school counselor to determine the number of core courses that you need to complete your senior year.
Are you rising high school junior planning to start on one of the Early College Pathways this summer, don’t forget to register for one of the upcoming Early College Pathways Orientations!
The orientation will cover all the information you will need to get started–how to register for courses and pay tuition, how and where to buy books, transfer and career information and resources, how to use your MyGCC account to make the most of your online resources and student e-mail, and a tour of campus. Students who have their completed High School Permission to Enroll Form and a copy of their high school transcript may be able to meet with a counselor and be registered as well!
Orientation dates, times, and locations:
- Thursday, May 23, 6-8PM @ Fredericksburg Area Campus, Dickinson Building, Room 212
- Thursday, May 30, 6-8PM @ Daniel Technology Center (Culpeper site), Room 104C
Register for one of these sessions by visiting the Germanna Community College homepage, and on the left side of the page under “Upcoming Events” click the link to the date you prefer. On the next page, click the button “Register” at the top right to complete your registration for these events.
If you are unfamiliar with the Early College Pathways opportunities, please visit the website for more information.
Ever thought of a career in Nursing? Germanna Community College has several programs to help you with your goal to go into the nursing field. A representative for the nursing program at Germanna Community College will be at Caroline High School on May 17th @ 10 am in the Auditorium. Sign up at the counseling office or see the Career Coach. Come and Make a Connection!
Are you a Junior thinking about taking the SAT? The dead line for the last SAT for this school year is May 7th. Sign up soon at www.collegeboard.org
Beginning in July 2013, AP® scores will be available
online only. If you have taken an AP Exam in the past or is planning to take one this year, you will need a College Board account to access scores. In addition, you will use this account to send their AP scores to colleges. By sending scores, you can take full advantage of AP by strengthening your college applications and being considered for credit and placement.
To make sure the process of getting scores in July is quick and easy, I strongly suggest all students go to apscore.org and try
signing in to their account now to make sure they remember
their username and password.
Remember, AP scores will not be sent by mail this year. Students will use their College Board account to get scores. So remember to keep your username and password in a safe place.
Stay tuned for further updates at apscore.org
Have an interest in Business, Criminal Justice, Health Science or Technology? Love classes that are hands-on? ECPI University invites you to attend their Career Discovery Day on April 20th. This is a chance for all grade levels to learn more about career options, participate in hands-on demos in every degree program and even grab a bite to eat! For more details and to sign up, stop by the School Counseling Office.
|Start Date:||3/29/2013||Start Time:||10:00 AM|
|End Date:||3/29/2013||End Time:||4:00 PM|
Don’t be fooled into thinking you can put off applying for financial aid! Germanna’s priority funding date for financial aid is APRIL 1. Attend this open lab session and be sure that you have completed your FAFSA on time for the 2013/2014 year.
|Location : Fredericksburg Area Campus – Dickinson Building (1) Room: 124|
|Contact Information: Name: Rebecca Morris Phone: 540.423.9133