Students who are planning to attend a four year college/university and need to take the SAT can take it at CHS on December 7 (this was not an original test date for CHS-it’s just been added). Also, there’s still space available for the SAT prep class–stop by the school counseling office to get a registration form. The SAT prep class prepares students in time to take the test on December 7. The charge is $42.00 (which includes the cost of the book). See your school counselor for more details.
The ASVAB will be given at Caroline High School on the following
dates: November 22, 2013 & February 21, 2014, in the CHS Auditorium. You
may register in the School Counseling Office beginning October 7
GERMANNA COMMUNITY COLLEGE OPEN HOUSE
Featuring Engineering and Science Classroom Demonstrations
10000 Germanna Point Drive, V. Earl Dickinson Building, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Saturday, October 12, 10:00AM – 2:00PM
Details available on our Upcoming Events Calendar at: www.germanna.edu
Prospective students who register & attend
will be entered into a drawing for a
Click below to register and reserve your chance to win!http://calendar.activedatax.
Welcome back everyone. I hope you had a amazing summer. I look forward to working with you to develop career plans, career goals, and putting those items into action. Remember to stop by and let’s get to it!
Career Coach Office Hours:
Monday – Wednesday 9:00 – 4:00
Thursday 9:00 -1:00
Whew! You all have worked very hard this school year! Congratulation’s to the 2013 graduates. May you continue to make connections in your future adventures. Remember you may always get in touch with me for help or more connections.
Seniors as you head off to your various career paths and connections, please remember your student loans. They can catch up and bite you if you are not staying on top of them. Here is a great artical to assit you on how to stay on top of your loans!
Germanna Community College
EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR 2013
The application deadline is Friday, June 14, 2013 for Germanna students who wish to receive a scholarship award ffor the fall semester of 2013 and spring semester of 2014. Scholarship awards are made for an entire academic year. No awards are made mid-year or between semesters. Recipients must be full-time or part-time students who make tuition and fee payments directly to the College, and are enrolled in classes at Germanna Community College during the 2013-2014 academic year. Scholarship awards may be made on a “rolling” basis, allowing those who apply early to be given the greatest opportunity to receive a scholarship award.
Instructions: Applicants will be considered automatically for ALL scholarships administered by the Germanna Community College Educational Foundation. Incomplete and partially completed applications will not be considered for a scholarship award. If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation Office at (540) 423-9060 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that the application times out after 20 minutes and any information you entered may be lost.
Don’t Miss Out on an Opportunity to Attend a Community College. Start the Admissions Process Now.
Come to Connections Day. It is easy to get started!
Simply visit the Career Coach during your lunch period at the career table or stop by the Career Center between the hours of 2:30pm till 4:00pm on May 29th..
Bring your questions! Make a connection that lasts a life time.
Freshman and Sophomores
- Start planning now!
- Work hard to get the best grades possible.
- Take classes that match your high school’s List of NCAA Courses. The NCAA Eligibility Center will use only approved core courses to certify your initial eligibility.
- You can access and print your high school’s List of NCAA Courses at www.eligibilitycenter.org. Click the NCAA College- Bound Student-Athlete link to enter and then navigate to the “Resources” tab and select “U.S. Students” where you will find the link for the List of NCAA Courses.
- At the beginning of your sophomore year, complete your online registration at www.eligibilitycenter.org.
- If you fall behind, do not take short cuts. Classes you take must be four-year college preparatory and must meet NCAA requirements.
- Register to take the ACT, SAT or both and use the NCAA Eligibility Center code “9999” as a score recipient. Doing this sends your official score directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Continue to take college prepratory courses. Double check to make sure the courses you have taken match your school’s List of NCAA Courses.
- Ask your high school counselor to send an official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center after completing your junior year. If you have attended more than one high school, the NCAA Eligibility Center will need official transcripts from all high schools attended. (The NCAA Eligibility Center does NOT accept faxed or emailed transcripts/test scores.) The NCAA Eligibility Center does accept transcripts electronically through Docufide/Parchment, e-Scrip Safe, ConnectEdu, National Transcript Center and Xap.
- Before registering for classes for your senior year, check with your high school counselor to determine the number of core courses that you need to complete your senior year.